In honor of National Wine Day, we suggest (read: insist) you host a blind wine tasting party. We can pretty much guarantee it'll be soooo so so so fun! (because wine).
What you need:
- 6-8 bottles of wine
- cute tasting note cards & pens for each wine and guest
- numbered tags for the wine bottles
- brown paper bags or something to wrap around the wine bottles
- wine glasses for all your guests (extra points for personalized labels)
- a delicious cheese and charcuterie board
- we should probably add water here to play the safety game
It can all be DIY too! Hand-numbered tags hung with divine-twine? Done.
We love the idea of having fun with the tasting cards too. Who says wine tasting has to be serious? We're thinking questions like:
I don't know jack about notes or tannins, but is it just me, or does this taste like ____________?
I'd totally chow down on some ___________ with this.
You know, I think I'd pay up to $____ for this one. Maybe.
And don't forget to use the blindfolds while tasting so that you don't get influenced by the wine color. It's a good idea to take turns pouring so that one person doesn't always see what you're tasting.
Once you're done tasting and that friendly buzz has settled in, take the rest of the wine outside and finish your favorites!