Your wedding website is an important and useful tool to communicate information to your guests about your big day. It is especially important if you are hosting a destination celebration. We've put together some tips to help you and your guests get the most out of your wedding website as well as make it user-friendly.
1. Start early! You should have basic information, such as location, registry, and accommodation suggestions up on your live site before you send out Save the Dates. Out of town guests often book their travel before formal invitations are sent out, so having this page done early on is helpful. Guests often select registry gifts for other wedding-related celebrations, like showers and engagement parties.
2. Continue to update your website as you plan. Your guests know that your site may not have everything finalized the first time they check it. Update day-of details such as transportation information and event start times as you go.
3. As your wedding date gets closer, place your event-day itinerary close to the home page. During your wedding weekend, guests will often access your website on their phones on the go to find out where they need to be and when. Having this information easily accessible will help your guests find it quickly in order to get on to the festivities.
4. Add local suggestions for restaurants, bars, activities, and even hair salons. The city you select for your celebration may be one that your out-of-town guests or destination wedding guests have never been to. Sharing your favorite spots can feel more inclusive as guests can feel like they are experiencing the city the way you'd like them to.
5. The registry is an important part of your wedding website for both guests who are attending your celebration as well as guests who can't make it. When creating your registry make sure you have enough items selected to give your guests plenty of options in style and price point.
6. Don't want to flood your social media accounts with all your gorgeous engagement photos? Your website is the perfect place to share them!